Do you like animals, nature and photography? The Royal BC Museum is inviting photographers between 8 and 18 years of age to win an exclusive and truly unique Photography Gift Pack! To enter, submit a photograph that you snapped in BC of a wild animal, plant, place, fish or insect.
One Photographer from each of the two age categories (8-12 years and 13-18 years) will be chosen as winners based on Facebook Fan voting. The winner will receive an amazing prize package and photography experience including: : ferry transportation and an overnight stay in Victoria, BC, an exclusive museum tour, an afternoon in the Royal BC Museum photo-studio, a museum membership, a chance to set up their own professional photo-shoot, a behind the scenes tour and more!
Submit your pic today!
1) Photographers (entrants) must be between 8 and 18 years old at the time of submitting.
2) Guardian/Parent must submit entry on behalf of photographers (entrants).
3) Contest is limited to legal residents of British Columbia.
4) One entry per individual and a maximum of five entries per guardian/parent.
5) Photos that include any identifiable persons will not be eligible.
6) Deadline for photo submissions is March 25th, 2013 at 5pm.
7) Photo must be submitted electronically to the contest via contest website along with all required information supplied by the guardian/parent.
8) Images should be submitted in JPG format.
9) Prize must be picked up by the photographer at the Royal BC Museum in Victoria, BC, Canada.
10) Winners will be announced April 9, 2013
Minor digital enhancement is permitted by the photographer (with no outside assistance), but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
No borders or frames may be added to images.
No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images.
Adding or replacing elements in an image.
Artistic filters are not permitted.
Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained.
Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained.
One-step enhancement (such as "AutoFix", "QuickFix", "Auto Levels", etc.).
Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, and tint.
To be awarded, the Prizes must be picked up by the entrant and their parent/guardian at the Royal BC Museum, Victoria, BC, Canada. A mutually agreeable time will be arranged between Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. There shall be no substitutions for the Prizes except by Royal BC Museum, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
Questions regarding these rules, the contest, or the prize may be sent to:
socialmedia AT royalbcmuseum.bc.ca
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||February 4, 2013 @ 12:00 AM (PST)||March 25, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (PDT)|
|Voting round||March 11, 2013 @ 12:00 AM (PDT)||April 3, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (PDT)|